Rating: 4,5 of 5 stars
Product price: Check new Price in amazon
Buy with Secure Transaction Amazon now…
About Anker® Astro:
Anker® Astro is a line of portable external batteries designed for our modern mobile age. High capacity power and compact designs make these batteries a reliable power companion on the go. With affordable prices and great Anker customer service, never get stranded without power again.
Thanks to our customers, Anker has 5 products listed in the top 10 of Amazon’s top-rated Cell Phone Batteries category.
Popular Compatible Models:
Please Note Astro 3E will not charge devices with input currents lower than 80mAh, including iPod Nano and some Bluetooth and GPS devices
Apple: iPhone 5 4s 4 3g / iPad 4 (Retina display) 3 2 1 / iPad Mini (Use with your original Apple Lightning to USB cable)
Samsung: Samsung Galaxy S4 S3 S2 S / Galaxy Note 2 / Galaxy Nexus / Ace / Focus
Google: Nexus 7 / Nexus 10
HTC: One X, S, V / Sensation XE XL / Inspire / Droid / ThunderBolt / EVO / Radar
Amazon: Kindle / Kindle Fire
Motorola: Droid Razr Maxx Bionic / Triumph
Sony:Sony Xperia Z J P
Blackberry:Blackberry Z10 / Curve
LG: Nexus 4 / Optimus / Touch
Others: PS Vita / MP3 MP4/ GoPro
Please note Astro3E is not compatible with Asus Tablets and Samsung Tablets
– Performance for iPhones: 400%-500% battery life
– Input charging time: 8-10h via 5V / 1A Oupput standard USB or AC adapter (not included)
– Input: 5V / 1.5A (max)
– Output: 2x USB 5V / 3A (dual charge @3A total max); Minimum required current: 80mAh
– Size: 5.6 x 2.8 x 0.6 inch; Weight: 8.5 ounce
– 18 months warranty
Charge the Astro3E:
–We strongly recommend using an adapter with output current 1A or over to charge the Astro3E. Otherwise, charge time will be significantly…
Anker Astro3E 10000mAh External Battery Pack High Capacity Power Bank Charger (Dual 5V 3A USB Output) for Smart Phones, Android Phones, PS Vita, GoPro; iPad mini, [4 cellphone connectors included, 0.6 inch slim design, customized for Apple & Android Devices]
* This little sucker is sexy. I have couple other external batteries like the trent and this one hands down rocks. I am using it on the iphone 5 and it charges 1% every 1.11min. Great to top up your phone for 30 minutes when you are on the go. The supplied accessory connectors work perfect on my psp. I lost my psp charger and now I was able to use it while the astro3 was charging both my psp and iphone 5. This battery rocks and has up to 3 amps of power. It has an apple port 1.5amp for ipad and 1 amp for iphone along with an android port so you can charge both at the same time. The included soft mesh case is perfect and you can fit the iphone 5, battery pack and lightning cable all into the pouch. I have a dual protector on the front and back and not worried about scratches. I also tested it with a speck candy shell iphone 5 case and it fits in the case just fine along with OTTERBOX COMMUTER too. This little battery pack is perfect for on the go.
This battery pack has 10000 mah and the iphone 5 has 1440mah battery. Do the math and realize how many charges you can get out of the battery pack on one solid charge. It comes with a coiled cable that you can use on the output or on the input to charge. It uses a microusb connector to charge which is easily found and the coiled cable included can be used to charge it. I would recommend only use OEM factory cables especially for the iphone 5. This battery pack did not work on my HP touchpad and I tested the OEM cable, after market cable and the coiled cable. It has worked on all my other devices like mp3 player sandisk, ipod touch, iphone 4s, iphone 5, psp and android phone samsung metropcs.
* I had an Energizer battery pack before purchasing this Anker Astro3E. The Energizer charged my iPhone very slow and didn’t even have enough Amps to charge my HP Touchpad. It was slow and did it’s job but I needed something better since I have more devices to charge now.
I bought the Astro3E after reading many reviews of different devices. I really liked that it had one port specifically for the circuit design of the Apple iPhone and another for the circuit design of Android devices. (Note that if you have neither of these devices, the ports work fine as a standard charger. The iPhone will even charge in the Android port. Don’t get to caught up in this… just enjoy the charger) The Astro3E also provides 10000mAh of power, so I could charge devices much longer before having to recharge the Astro3E. My old Energizer 4000mAh battery charged one device at 1A or two devices at .5A each. The Astro3E provides 3A of output max for a single device or 1.5A if you have two devices plugged in at once. This is much faster than my old Energizer. If it took 3 hours for my Energizer to charge a device, I would take about an hour with the Astro3E. The last thing I like is the Blue LED charging lights. There are four that show 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, and full charge statuses. I mention Blue because I’m colorblind and my Energizer had a single light that changed from Green to Red and I could never tell the difference. This is a big plus for me.
As for the devices I’ve charged with the Astro3E, I’ve used it with an iPhone 5 and the current/last generations of iPod Touch. I haven’t paid much attention, but it seems like the charging lights stay on while the device is charging and then turn off when full. A recessed button turns on the battery and starts the charging. I also have an HP Touchpad that also charges fine. I noticed in one review that a user said it didn’t work with the Touchpad. I have Cyanogen Android 4.0.4 running on my Touchpad, so that may be the difference. With my old Energizer battery, the Touchpad would say that it didn’t provide enough power to charge correctly. As for the real reason I got this battery, I used it to charge my Sony NEX-5R camera while at a concert this past weekend. It works great! I put it in my pocket and had the USB cable run to my camera. When it was fully charged, the light on my camera turned off as well as the charging lights on the Astro3E.
One last thing I really enjoy about the Astro3E is that I can charge it from any USB source. It has a mini-USB connector for this purpose. My Energizer battery needed to be plugged into an AC outlet with a special adapter. Almost everyone has a mini-USB connector cable for their phone or camera, so even if I forget my cable, I can almost be sure that I will be able to charge it wherever I go. Just connect it to a laptop USB port, USB car charger, or USB AC wall adapter. The higher Amp outage of the port, the faster the battery will charge. Some devices list their higher and lower Amp ports, so chose wisely for the fastest charging of your Astro3E. Here is a little secret, it will even charge off the service USB port on most cable boxes. These have power all the time.
So, if you are looking for a external battery pack, I recommend the Anker Astro3E. It comes with a carry case and adapters to charge the most popular devices. I hope this review helps.